Meet me and the mr

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wedding Update

Happy Wednesday my friends! I'm not feeling 100% today, but I am looking forward to a grilled pimento cheese sandwich and a 7pm bedtime :) I anticipate feeling much better tomorrow after a full and good nights sleep.  Tomorrow is a pretty exciting benchmark for me and my Charles...tomorrow is the 6 month mark til the wedding day!! Woo hoo...things are moving at a faster pace now. I remember telling my friend Brianne (who was just married this past weekend) 6 months ago that the time would fly by....HOLY CRAP...now it's my turn!!

Last week I was busy buying a new car and then on (what was supposed to be) a short trip to Philadelphia...lets just say i did not enjoy my trip and i do not plan on going back to Philly any time soon. I drove through West Philadelphia and I now understand why the Fresh Prince left and went to California. Anywho...i can't dwell too much on it. I made it home just in time for the Tall Ships Challenge/Festival being held, for the first time, in Savannah. It was amazing!! We had 14 Tall Ships docked along River Street and at Hutchinson Island for the weekend. Here is a picture of the 2 French Tall Ships
After a long and busy weekend i'm back to the normal grind of the work week. Days in the office and days on the road. Busy, busy, busy and that's just how I like it.

Now...on to the fun :) We have been taking care of wedding stuff the last week or so. Mom and I had a talk and we basically realized what i mentioned before...we are only 6 months away!! AHHHH!!! We finally got the guest list finalized (well as final as it is going to be for now) and Save the Dates were mailed out on Saturday. As my mom says, "there's no turning back now" ha ha ha! Not to worry, this wedding is going to happen, and i am so excited about being Mrs. Meghan Fox! Here is what the Save the Date looks like



Guests will receive the Save the Date card and one of the magnets we had made from our engagement pictures. The cards are a pretty ivory and the envelopes are a lovely stone gray. Our wedding colors are stone gray with green accents. I love that the Save the Dates and the Invitations are so simple yet, they go with the feeling of the wedding and, frankly, I think they are very pretty :) Also, mom and I are discussing menus for the food at the reception, and trying to find a time for her to come down here. When she comes down here we will have to figure out flowers, cake design, and whatever may need to be discussed. I also got the shoes that I want to wear with my wedding dress...i need a half size bigger, but I LOVE THEM!

Charles and I also had our first meeting/counseling session with our minister. It went really well. What a special time these sessions are. We are asked to really give thought to life situations and the "what-ifs" that Charles and I, as a couple (who are still blissfully in love), have yet to imagine. I think that we are both going to really enjoy this time Karen. I know I am looking forward to the next meeting.

Well that's about it for now. I am just so excited that we are a mere 6 months away. I can not wait to marry this man, and spend forever with him, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health, til death do us part.


~M. Johnson :) :)


3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! I love this post. And I got the Save the Date yesterday! It is beautiful! Can't wait to see you start your forever with Charles! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ysy!! I am so excited you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me very happy!! SO excited for y'all!! We got our Save the Date as well!! Can't wait to celebrate your special day with you!!

    ReplyDelete