Meet me and the mr

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Details

Happy FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!! This is my favorite time of the year!! Everything is blooming (along with my allergies), the colors are so vibrants, the air is warm (but there is always a cool breeze), and people just seem happier. It is obvious that "Spring Fever" has hit my office...everyone seems to want to be outside or at the beach and work seems to get done quicker so that playtime can begin.

I just wanted to write a super quick post about my weekend. In Savannah it was St. Patrick's Day weekend, and if you are familiar with that holiday then you know what an insane party happens in this beautiful city! As for me, i avoided it, and went up to Atlanta to visit my parents and take care of wedding details. On the to-do list was to see my hair dresser and go back to my blond color (long story short that includes some woman turning me orange then chocolate brown), shopping for a wedding dress, looking at invitations, and figuring out what to do for Save-the-Dates. Mom and I also wanted to look at the menus from the caterer and work on finalizing the guest list. Overall i would say that the weekend was pretty successful!

1. I got my hair back!!! It feels awesome to be a blond again! I just feel more like myself.


2. I found my dress!!! First store, second dress I tried on! Of course I cannot post a pic of the dress but i do have this picture of me and my dress consultant. I was her first bride ever, and trust me when i say she did a fantastic job!


3. Invitations  and Save-the-Dates were designed with the help of a fabulous associate at Paper Affair. We are using a silvery grey (wedding color) and they are going to be uniquely ours :) I don't to show those off yet til i get them in all printed and finished :) Save the dates should be printed and picked up before the end of the month... It's very exciting!!!

4. We didn't get to make any final decisions on menus, but we did narrow it down. I definitely feel like we are getting there. I have discussed the pre-marriage counseling sessions with our minister, so hopefully we will begin those this summer and I am getting ready to send an email to the music director regarding the ceremony music :) And we think we have finalized the guest list...we think...

Well that's about it for now. OH and i did my first outside run with my mom ... 2 miles ran, about 1 mile walked...i was pretty proud of myself!!! Moments like that are always encouraging!

~M. Johnson :)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! As for the menu choices... Narrow it down then make them do a tasting:) one of my favorite parts during tr planning. Hehe

    ReplyDelete