Meet me and the mr

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sometimes...

Sometimes it's just not your day...sometimes you are so busy that you can't seem to keep it all together....sometimes you just get so tired that you can't sleep well...and sometimes you just want to fall to the floor and sit there, alone, in your own self pity...EVERYTIME this happens, I feel a little bit defeated.

You see, i am typically a VERY happy, almost giddy person. it is quite rare to find myself in "a mood" or a funk or sad. It's just not in my nature. Now, i get aggravated and ticked off like the next person, but to just be down-in-the-dumps...yeah, that rarely happens to me. Unfortunately today is one of those rare times...

I have been traveling  quite a bit lately. I was in Memphis, TN the first full week of February, then when i got back to the office i was immediately thrown into planning and preparing mode for my next 2 trips (which were back to back). I had 2 weeks to prepare a day full of appointments for my team on our Sales Mission while also preparing materials and getting the other 3 teams organized for their Sales Missions. I needed to prepare 125 binders, 125 sets of 5 tabs to go into the binders, organize a "packing party", make sure i had all of the materials from my company at everyone's disposal, and basically babysit the packing process. You see, in my job, there are times in which I must be incredibly diplomatic. This is not easy for me by nature, as i am a fairly opinionated person, but sometimes i just can't have an opinion and this packing party was one of those moments, and TRUST ME, i had a million opinions bursting to get out that afternoon. Immediately following the Sales Mission, i had a travel trade show in Louisville, KY. I had enough time between shows to hug my fiance, scratch my dogs' bellies, do laundry, and repack. Off to Louisville i went, for a week. Both trips were hugely successful and I would not have traded them for the world, but, when i got back the time changed and i feel like i am struggling to get back into my normal pace of life.

This week in itself has just been one of those weeks. I moved right before I left to go on my 2 back to back trips, so i am trying to adjust to the new living arrangement. My dog somehow got a gash in his eyelid which led to a $112 trip to the Vet. (Now, don't get me wrong, i would do anything for my dog, but $112, 2 days before the paycheck hits the bank, it just hurts a little) I have inadvertently become the contact person for a major event coming to Savannah in May (for the first time) so a lot has quickly been put on my plate. It is St. Patrick's week here in Savannah and the crazies have been in town since last week. There seems to be a constant line in our office bathroom (you can't close the potty when your office is also a VIC) and people get stranger as the week goes on, so things should get even "better"...And to top it all off, I am heading to ATL this weekend to see my parents and basically focus on nothing but the wedding. Charles will be staying in Bluffton/Savannah because he has to work. This weekend priority #1 is FIND THE DRESS!! Then invitations, save-the-dates, pick a menu, discuss flowers, order bridesmaid dresses, discuss favors, and anything else that needs to be done. I'm tired already, ha ha!! I am not good at making decisions when there are so many options, so i definitely need my mom's help so the time i have with her is precious. The process has moments that are just a little overwhelming...

Now, i know that life could be much worse, and that i have much to be thankful for, and trust me when i say i am thankful for every blessing in my life. I know God has given me so many blessings...just every now and then it's nice to whine a little. I'm am a self-described control freak and may have a slight case of OCD, so when i feel a loss of control (like the last month and a half) it just makes me crazy inside.

I'm finished with my whiny rant now...I'm sure i will be much better next week...can't keep me down for too long! I apologize if you actually read through this entire entry...I know that wasn't fun :( I will do my best to avoid having that happen again!

~M. Johnson :)

here is a picture of my Teddy and his poor wounds :(




2 comments: