Meet me and the mr

Friday, June 22, 2012

It's been awhile

Happy Friday folks!! I apologize for the delay in my blog writing. I could give you a million excuses, but i only have one...i just wasn't writing. I don't know if it is because i have  been busy, or if i wasn't sure what direction to go, or if i just didn't feel like it. Who knows and who cares...it's FRIDAY and i'm writing today!

How is everyone? I hope well :) I am 4 weeks into my new position (with the same company) and so far I have been doing a lot of inventory, searching, matching, and creating...I'm the first Advertising Account Executive (Charles LOVES the title, ha ha) and while the company has always sold advertising, we never had anyone on staff to solely look after the contracts, and keep up with clients, and make sure members were happy. Well now I am here, and that is what i plan to do :) Here is my new card...exciting, isn't it?

My parents also came to visit the first weekend of the month! So awesome for them to come down and visit with Charles and I. Mom and I had some serious wedding planning to do and the guys got to play golf. My dad loves the fact that Charles is a Golf Pro and i think it is great that playing 18 holes is something they can do together. Mom and I...well, we picked out a florist and flower colors (green and white/ivory), finalized the reception catering, and we picked out cake. Obviously, the cake tasting was the worst part...
ha ha ha ha....NOT!!! When the baker put this box down in front of us, I can honestly say that my mom and I had no clue what we were about to be presented. The lid opened and behold, 6 different types of cake, each with either white or cream cheese icing. The choices were: strawberry, chocolate, red velvet, carrot, vanilla pudding, and hummingbird. I will not tell you what we picked for the bride's or groom's cake, but i will say that our guests will have the choice of 4 of these flavors. Mom and I just couldn't decide on 2. Oh and we made sure to bring dad and Charles some too.

Charles birthday was on June 10th! My babe turned 27 (YIKES...i'm a cougar! ha ha). We went to Charlotte for the Lady Antebellum concert. It was awesome and he was happy...which is all I could want for him :) here we are at the concert
he's so cute, isn't he?
As an side note: My boot was able to come off on June 4th and then last week I broke my 2nd toe making the bed...welcome to my life. The good news is, it is feeling much better and I am hoping to start running again very soon! Next week is my goal. Which brings me to another topic:

My co-worker, Mayra, and I both have been comtemplating doing the Insanity workout program. She has gotten the DVDs from a friend and she is going to start tonight. It is AWESOME to have a friend and co-worker doing a workout program with you because it will keep us both motivated...BUT we are both pretty scared of Insanity. Because of my toe, I can't really start until next week, so she is starting before me. We are going to work out a system where we can switch the DVDs back and forth between each other. Her husband is in the Army and is currently in Afganistan, valiently serving and protecting our country. According to Mayra, when they aren't on patrol all he does is work out. They are newlyweds and as to be expected she wants to look great when he gets back. She looks great to me, but i understand where she is coming from. With my and Charles' wedding day less that 5 months away (wait...did you read that...LESS THAN 5 months away!!!) I really want to start shedding those pounds and inches. The boot and broken bones has left me plateaued, and it's time to start shrinking again. So, my hope is that you will all think good thoughts and pray that i make it through Insanity...or heck, just give it a good try! I am going to continue to run and do other things as well...especially if i am just not quite ready for Insanity.

Anywho...that is my month in a nutshell. Sorry it has been so long, i will try to do better! I hope everyone is having a great Friday and that you all enjoy a perfect weekend!

~M. Johnson :) :)


1 comment: