Meet me and the mr

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Well happy Saturday evening everyone!!! It has been quite the week since i last wrote. Engagement pictures have been taken, edited, and received and I LOVE THEM!!! See the bottom of this post to see some of the fantastic pictures. Our photographer is Michael Edde and he owns Beacon Photo: www.beaconphoto.com. He is phenomenal and makes Charles and me feel so comfortable. I think this definitely shows in our photos. I cannot wait until our wedding and before that, my bridal session :)

I also had a super busy week at work and was in Memphis, TN, Tuesday-Thursday. Most of the time, i do not get to really see the cities i visit for work and this trip was no exception. I got to see the conference center and the Marriott hotel. Don't get me wrong, both were very nice, but i do wish i could get out and really experience the places i visit. I did get to see Graceland though! This is HUGE for me! My mothers is quite the Elvis fan, and so by default I am an Elvis fanatic! Graceland is tackier than i imagined and truly fit for the King of Rock and Roll! Check this out:





It really was an amazing site. The rest of the conference went well, and I feel like i promoted Savannah to the best of my ability.

In other news, I finished week 2 of the Couch to 5K program! This is SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHMENT for me! I feel great and i am actually excited for week 3. Blood pressure continues to lower, my pants continue to fit and look better and i am super excited about this journey i have begun.

Savannah/Bluffton is pretty chilly this Saturday evening. There is a cold front that is moving in, so instead of the broiled fish i was going to make, i'm making chili :) It's a cold weather favorite! I usually use ground beef, but i have lowered the amount of red meat i eat, so ground turkey it is :) My 2 extra ingredients are turkey sausage (like kielbasa, sp?) and about a half a teaspoon of cocoa powder. Not sure what it is, but that cocoa powder makes the chili absolutely to die for! I hope that you all have a perfect Saturday night and that you are staying warm! I know I am :) Enjoy some of my engagement pics below and I will talk to you soon.

~M. Johnson :)





2 comments:

  1. Love all of the photos! So proud of of for finishing week 2 of C25k!!! You are rockin it! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your engagement pics! They're SO pretty!!!! And congrats on finishing week 2 of C25K!! That's SO awesome!!! Welcome to the running world :)

    ReplyDelete