Meet me and the mr

Monday, August 20, 2012

10 months ago

10 months ago i answered one very, simple question with the word "yes".



"Meghan Elizabeth, will you marry me?"

Such a simple question with such an amazing and life changing answer. There are moments that i feel like we just got engaged, and then there are moments when i feel like we have been engaged forever and can we just get married already. On our wedding day, we will have had an engagement that has lasted for almost 13 months. Some would say we have had a very long engagement, I would say it has benefited us and made us a stronger couple.

For those who are not aware, Charles and I met online. We had our first date on April 28, 2011. We got engaged just a short 6 1/2 months later. He says he knew early on in our relationship that he wanted to marry me. My moment was last August when some awful hair dresser cut my hair way too short and colored it a horrifying shade of highlighter-orange. To "fix" this, i then had to become a brunette. I am not a brunette. I have never been a brunette.  I cried, and cried, and cried. I was so devastated that i went to his condo, sat on his bedroom floor, cried hysterically, and drank a bottle of wine. I did not know how else to react. What made that moment better, you ask? Charles didn't run away, he did everything he could to try to make me feel okay with what had just happened. He even went so far as to call his mom for advice on how to handle this. All he wanted was for me to quite crying. And i did...eventually...knowing that this man really loved me, and wasn't going anywhere. At that moment, i knew that i could and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. For your enjoyment, here are some pictures of "The Incident"

In the last 10 months, since we got engaged, this wonderful man has watched me feel uncomfortable in my own skin, and he has told me how beautiful he thinks i am, every day. He has watched me put on a ridiculous amount of weight and has cheered me on through my weight loss process. We have laughed, and cried, and screamed, and smiled, and felt just about every emotion possible and i know this is just the beginning. As we near the end of our engagement and move into the beginning of our marriage, I have a hard time expressing how excited I feel. I feel so incredibly blessed to be loved by this man. And as my dad said to me 2 weeks ago: to find a man who could love me the way Charles does, that's rare, and I need to appreciate it. And trust me when i say, I DO!! I'm not always easy to love or easy to like even, but this man, MY MAN, does. He loves me (and likes me) every day. I hope that I show him the same love back. I love Charles William Fox, Jr. with everything I have and we seem to just get better and better. In short, he rocks and because he rocks, WE ROCK! And now for some fun photos:




Til next time :)

~M. Johnson :) :)

2 comments:

  1. AWWW yay!! This is such a cute story...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's my pleasure! I love being able to tell the world how awesome Charles is!

    ReplyDelete